Call for Presentation Proposals
Illinois Association of Problem-Solving Courts Conference
October 13-15, 2021
The ILAPSC Conference brings hundreds of individuals together from around the state to explore the latest research and issues of justice-involved individuals with behavioral health needs. The ILAPSC mission is to promote problem-solving courts in Illinois by providing education, assistance, training and development through collaboration of behavioral health and justice systems.
- The purpose of the Illinois Association of Problem-Solving Courts Annual Conference 2021 is to bring problem-solving courts members together to learn about state and national standards, evidence-based practices in mental health and substance use disorders, veterans’ treatment, community supervision and law enforcement. The event will host a large variety of audiences including judges, attorneys, probation officers, substance use disorder and mental health treatment providers, parole, coordinators, court administrators, law enforcement, community leaders, educators, practitioners, researchers, policymakers and peer and family advocates.
- Presentations should reflect current trends, research, Illinois and national standards and evidence-based practices.
- Materials may not be sold during presentations.
- Presentations will be general sessions of 90 minutes (with the last 15 minutes for questions) and breakout sessions of 75 minutes (with the last 15 minutes for questions).
- Session times will be negotiated between each presenter and ILAPSC. All presenters must be logged on to the site, fully prepared to begin the presentation a minimum of thirty (30) minutes prior to the start time of the designated session.
- Conference registration fees will be waived for presenters.
- Presenter will provide a brief bio and summary of the presentation by 4/1/21.
- Presenter will provide training handouts to be used to apply for Continuing Legal Education Credit by 7/1/21.
- Final handouts will be provided by September 15, 2021 for posting on ILAPSC web site for attendees.
- Proposals must be submitted by March 1, 2021. Proposals must include a presentation abstract, bios, and learning objectives, and may be submitted via the ILAPSC website, email, or mailed to ILAPSC.
- Notification of proposal acceptance/decline will be made by May 1, 2021.
Click Here to complete the proposal form online